One day a few of my peers on the creative team came to me with a request/challenge – could I build a Sketch plugin that streamlines keeping image assets up-to-date in their comps? After a few iterations, I believe I settled on a solution for them, see the [narrated] video below for details.
- assign local/remote URLs to image layers
- data is saved at the document level and persists (see sketch file format for more info about this)
- upon menu item click, or document open, grab layer object via saved layer ids and update image data with associated URL
- no need to iterate through layer hierarchies (slow/wasteful), no need to rename layers, no need to keep directories in a specific structure
- Document Settings – for saving data
- Actions – for listening for document open, etc.
- From Native – for getting document from action context
If you have any further questions about this, please reach out!
More info – https://developer.sketch.com